Friday, June 18, 2010

ALF Warz: The Iron Sergeant is finished and sent out into the world!

.

So...finally finished the edits for ALF Warz: The Iron Sergeant, and have sent it out into the world.
Now we just have to wait and see what happens.

Take note that the few pages I orginally had on-line at the Web Fiction Guide were hardly an indication of the entire novel I only recently completed.
The female reviewer who made comment on those pages compared ALF Warz to Starship Troopers. Which shows a decided lack of depth in her ability to discern the differences between MilSF novels.
Almost all of them have soldier's fighting an enemy in a Sci-Fi setting. That's about as far as most MilSF stories go in relation to being similar to Starship Troopers. The reviewer isn't into MilSF from what I could see, hard to imagine why she decided to read or comment on my story over at WFG to begin with.

Still adding to my Baylok story over at BG.
Started another adventure story featuring my new character Doc Havoc.
Now that ALF Warz is finished I can go back and finish my crime noir story, already halfway through that.
Looking thoughtfully at writing another novel in a different genre. News on that in the future, if I manage to get the first half written.
So many stories I can imagineer, so little time.

On the adventure motorcycling front Shalako-Lin and I haven't been anywhere lately. Lin has almost completed a Library Assistant's course at TAFE and finishes in a couple of weeks time.
When she does we're going to go away for a week on the bikes somewhere.
We'll have to dress warm for that, winter here in Sydney, and while it's not as cold as northern countires it still gets down to zero at night, and the wind chill on the bike when you're riding can be savage. Especially down the Snowy Mountains. (Where, strangely enough, it snows.)
Snowy Mountains...that's an original name huh?
Who said the Aussie's don't have any imagination?
Should I mention that one of our deserts that is full of rocks is called the Stony Desert?
No, better not to, I expect.
No, we don't have a big forested area called The Forest, not sure why not, must have missed that oppotunity I guess.
They have a New Forest in the UK...is there an Old Forest?
And what's the difference?

Anyway, that's all our news for now.
Fingers crossed for ALF Warz. A few people have read the trial copy and everyone thinks it's as good as any other MilSF action story out there.
We'll see.

.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so looking forward to buying a copy , sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete