Friday, April 16, 2010

Things are looking good in 2010

.

G'day everyone

Things are looking good so far in 2010.
I've finished my ALF Warz military SF action/adventure novel!
Linda and I are just doing final edits, reading the story off printed pages, as we find it much easier to find any mistakes or flaws in the structure that way.
Got the red pen out and...haven't had to use it very much, which is a nice surprise.
A couple of tweaks here and there and it will be ready to go.
Very exciting finishing your first full length novel.
Even if no one ever wants to publish it, the satisfaction of actually having written an entire novel is huge.
Plenty of people say they will write an entire book, not everyone manages it.
Dedication is the key.
I wrote a couple of pages every night, even when I wasn't much in the mood to do so.
Would have finished the story in a much shorter period of time, except Linda and I spend a great deal of time riding our motorcycles and bicycles on our days off...and for us that will always come before anything else.
Live to ride, ride to live isn't just an expression with us.

So...I was going to start a new blog for my SF story and put up a synopsis and teasers, and in the future I shall do so, but for now any and all news about the book and how it's going in regards to being published will be posted up here.

Over at the Brass Goggles steampunk forum I've been terribly slack at adding to my Baylok serial, but now I've almost sorted ALF Warz out I'll be continuing the adventures of Captain Kregan and Nikola Storm again.

I'm also halfway through an action/adventure horror novel and it looks like I only need to add another 20K words to finish that.

Got some 3 day and week long adventure motorcycle trips planned in the coming weeks/months also. It's getting close to winter here in Sydney and I find I enjoy my dirt road riding more when it's cooler.
Hoping to do a week long ride down the Snowy Mountains in the middle of winter. Did a 2 dayer last year and loved it. Must remember to buy some handlebar muffs this time, as my hands were the only parts of me that really felt the cold.

All for now.
Take care.

Cheers: KJL.

.

2 comments:

  1. He Kev
    Got married again! All the best for Linda and you.
    Cheers Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Daniel.
    G'day to you Anja and the rest of the family from both of us.
    Cheers mate: Kevin and Linda.

    ReplyDelete